Careers at PC Corp
“PC Corp delivers IT the way it is best delivered: driven by small, nimble and highly-skilled teams of customer focused, proactive individuals.”
|Our staff are the source of PC Corp’s success!
We believe in the magic of collaboration and as such, we foster an environment where employees have a say in decisions that maximize our collective impact in driving our business.
We have created a culture that thrives on peer bonding. The day-to-day interaction with your team makes it fun to come to work as you are surrounded by talented people who will help you and challenge you to level up every day. Our team battle cry is ‘We Make I.T. Easy’.
Get your game face on and join us!
Competitive Compensation – Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance – Employee Referral Award Program Employee Purchase Plans – Paid Vacation Days – Paid Sick Days – Health Club Membership Incentive – Employee Assistance Program – Milestone Service Awards – Community Involvement Activities – Sponsored Parking/Public Transit – Service Recognition Program – Training Opportunities
Technical Consultant – Customer Support I
We are offering a full-time, permanent opportunity in the position of Technical Consultant – Customer Support I, in our Edmonton office.
In a nutshell, the technical side of this role works across a broad range of technologies and liaises across multiple areas of the client businesses. You will respond to tickets performing troubleshooting and incident response, remotely or on-site, to resolution or escalation.
The job of tech support is also people support. We need you to be great at it and it won’t always be easy. But if you’re a problem solver, resourceful, ask questions, are empathetic, and enjoy having genuine human conversations, you may have just found a role that fits you, plus, you have the entire team behind you.
We are looking for:
- Minimum 4 years of active technical support experience or professional training equivalent to Computer Engineering Diploma (2yr) plus two years of technical support experience.
- Knowledge and experience with current Microsoft technologies and operating systems both on-premise and cloud.
- Professional Services Automation tools (ex. Autotask PSA) and Remote Monitoring and Management tools (ex. SolarWinds N-Central) is an asset.
- Exposure to ITIL processes, the value of documentation and their purposes.
Experience that would bring a big advantage:
- Networking configuration, management and support (remote access, network edge, wireless, routing and switching technologies) using Cisco, HP Aruba, and/or Meraki network infrastructure,
- Windows Active Directory services,
- Windows desktops and Windows-based servers,
- Virtualization technologies (like Microsoft, VMware, Citrix),
- Configuring, migrating, upgrading, and supporting communication technologies (like on-premise Exchange infrastructure, Office 365, VoIP, and Skype for Business).
- Ability to provide a great customer service experience. You enjoy working directly with clients in person, resolving issues onsite and remotely from our office.
- Articulates technical information in a manner that is easy to understand by non-technical clients and staff.
- Communicates well, both written and verbal English.
- You are at ease in an environment where we contribute to and collaborate with multiple in-house teams. Likes to engage. Likes to share. Likes to learn.
- Effective problem solver with the ability to ‘think outside the box’ when troubleshooting.
- Effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- A desire to continuously learn and improve through both a) work experience and b) training – both at work and in your personal time as certifications are a must in our industry.
- Independent, with a track record of completing designated tasks with minimal supervision.
- Willing to work a typical office schedule of Monday – Friday, 8am -5pm.
- Willingness to be an active participant of a weekly on-call rotation.
- A clean and valid class 5 driver’s license.
- A clear criminal record check.
- A resume listing your skills and experience is a great start!
- Let us know more about you in a cover letter.
Instructions: Email your details to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Technical Consultant – Customer Support I’.
Thank you for your interest in working with PC Corp. While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.