HP DISCOVER 2015
We were there! June 2 – 4, Las Vegas, Nevada, our team attended HP Discover 2015. There was certification training to be taken, key speakers and product announcements, seminars to attend, vendor meetings … all packed into 4 days.
Discover was immediately abuzz about HP’s imminent split – as of November 1, 2015, HP will become Hewlett-Packard Enterprise (HPE) and HP, Inc.
HP CEO Meg Whitman in her General Session keynote, addressed details on the split which included revealing the targeted separation date. She also revealed the strategy behind the soon-to-be formed HPE, which will focus on four transformation areas:
- Transform to hybrid infrastructure
- Protect your digital enterprise
- Empower the data-driven organization
- Enable workplace productivity
Other key announcements at Discover 2015 included:
- HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage family, which include a new class of massively scalable flash arrays, flash-optimized data services to accelerate IT-as-a-Service consolidation, a 25 percent lower cost flash capacity and hybrid IT initiatives.
- HP LeanFT, which allows software developers and testers to leverage continuous testing and continuous delivery methodologies to rapidly build, test, and deliver a secure high-quality application.
- Updates to the HP Helion portfolio, which will help enterprises maximize the benefits of transitioning to a hybrid infrastructure.
- The expansion of HP’s converged systems offerings, including improvements to the HP OneView 2.0 management platform, a new partnership with Arista Networks, and a series of new workload optimized reference architectures
Don’t get us wrong, it wasn’t all hard work. There was a bit of time to partake in some Las Vegas fun in the evenings. So we come back refreshed and energized from HP Discover, armed with the latest HP solutions.
Are you ready for IT?